Whilst we work on some larger changes behind the scenes, this release brings several minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Support for dbt 0.19.2 has been added.
dbt Terminal Support
dbt can now be used in Studio's terminals without needing to have manually installed dbt locally. The version currently selected under "Configure dbt Project" will be injected into your path by modifying the
$PATH environment variable.
This feature can be turned off in the settings.
Cleaning up dbt versions
dbt versions can now be deleted, allowing you to clean up old or unused versions to save some disk space. You can delete a version by hovering over it in the version selector and pressing the "Delete" button.
Improved dbt target selection
When you hover over a target under "Configure dbt Project", you will now see the config for that target displayed in a popup.
Also, when a target cannot be parsed, instead of just not being disaplyed, it will now be shown in the selector as disabled along with an error that shows on hover explaining exactly what the problem was.
Toggle Theme Shortcut
A new shortcut of
Cmd+Shift+T on macOS or
Ctrl+Shift+T on Windows and Linux has been added for toggling between light mode and dark mode. This toggle has also been added to the application menu under "View".
Copy model name
A new "Copy Model Name" entry has been added to the right-click context menu for dbt models.
service-account BigQuery dbt targets
BigQuery dbt targets using the
service-account method are now supported and will have an associated connection created when selected.
Improved autocompletion for
Both packages and models or seed files inside packages are now autocompleted when using the
ref tag. Seed files will also now be autocompleted for
- Columns of a binary type on Snowflake connections will now be correctly displayed as hex strings.
- Downloaded CSVs of results for Snowflake connections will now have the field names correctly escaped when they contain commas.
- You will now be shown a warning if you try to use an unsupported flag in the dbt command input.
- Toggling the dbt command bar (
Ctrl+Enter) now also works whilst on the "Terminal" tab.
More consistent handling of environment variables
If you are using environment variables in your dbt project configs, you now should be able to declare those variables anywhere in your shell config, not only in shell config that is loaded for non-interactive terminals. Basically - if the environment variable is available in your native terminal, it will be available to dbt in Studio.
Studio's terminals also should now have exactly the same environment as your native terminals. Previously there could be discrepancies leading to programs no longer being in your path, most noticeably with zsh on macOS.
- dbt commands that include quotes will now be correctly parsed on Windows.
- Fixed a potential crash when copying extremely long results to the clipboard.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the new tab button for a non-focussed split would open the new tab in the wrong split.
- Moving a dbt project file by dragging and dropping it will now correctly update the paths of any tabs for that file that were open.
- Closing a tab that has in-progress actions will no longer cause errors.
- Multiple minor stability and bug fixes.
Search across your saved queries and your dbt project files with full text search!
- Fixed an issue creating a sudo warning when running dbt commands on Windows
- Fixed an issue with the dbt_project.yml file not being found
- Fixed an issue with large integers being truncated in Snowflake and BigQuery.
- Fixed an column aliases not being suggested after
- Fixed an issue with
orderbeing suggested rather than